The GSW is a Christ-centered community of women who are committed to enjoying fellowship, nurturing faith and spiritual strength, and serving our congregation, the neighborhood, and the world. At Good Shepherd the GSW is organized into two “circles.” Circles gather monthly for Bible study, mutual support, and various activities such as:
- a walking Group
- baling supplies for shipment overseas through Canadian Lutheran World Relief
- organizing women’s outings
- baking or preparing meals for the sick and shut-ins
- serving at funerals
- supporting various charities
- sponsoring an annual Praise Appeal Service
The GSW also host Congregational banquets and perform other acts of service in the community as well as gathering with women across Canada for retreats and inspirational gatherings.
The main regular activities of this group are currently suspended. However, occasional opportunities for connection still happen. Please contact the office for information or consult the “What’s Happening” tab.